Update on the rise of the curriculumDate: 04.12.2018
- The government puts the spotlight on curriculum by pledging a £7.7 million Curriculum Fund in January 2018
- In July, there is a further DfE announcement of grants worth up to £2.4 million for schools to pilot curriculum programmes in science, history and
- The IoE hits back with a blog expressing concern that the DfE’s promotion of a knowledge- rich, teacher led approach is blurring the lines between curriculum and
- We see conflicting ideologies emerge between the DfE, which favours a knowledge-rich curriculum, and Amanda Spielman, whose speeches over the past year insist that Ofsted will not require schools to follow a particular
- Meanwhile, the Policy Exchange publishes a paper which argues that unless the government promotes coherent curriculum programmes developed by publishers and other ‘learned societies’, the national curriculum may fail due to poor
Author: Melissa Mackinlay
Comment Form is loading comments...