The link between exclusions, alternative provision and off-rollingDate: 16.11.2018
Education Datalab looked at the characterstics of pupils who are not in schools and found that pupils who were permanently excluded, placed in state alternative provision or left the state-funded sector:
- tended to have lower attainment at Key Stage 2;
- tended to have higher absence rates in Year 6;
- were more likely to be male, particularly those who experience permanent exclusion;
- were more likely to have been eligible for free school meals;
- were more likely to have been classified as having special educational needs (SEN)
- were more likely to have had at least one fixed term exclusion while at primary school;
- were more likely to have made two or more non-standard school moves during the primary years.
Comment Form is loading comments...